Wednesday, May 9, 2012

O'Reilly's...

Just arrived back in Lawnton after a great, relaxing trip to O'Reilly's in Lamington National Park, in the southern part of Queensland and overlooking the Great Divide.  O'Reilly's has an amazing history and is not easy to get to, trust me when I say the Gravol came in handy!  The road up is very twisty and switches back on itself with narrow spots where only one car can fit; however the views and the hospitality were well worth the trip!

The road in...

The view from my balcony...

Sunset from my balcony...


We went on a 4WD excursion to Luke's bluff, some of the views...



We were also serenaded by our tour guides, Michael O'Reilly and Glen Trelfo

I hiked down to Moran Falls...


There are tons of birds, here are just a few...

This is a Tawny Frogmouth...(not so sure where its head is)





One even came to visit me as I relaxed on my balcony...

Another sunset, it's a hard life...




No comments:

Post a Comment