Monday, May 14, 2012

Tobogganing on Tangalooma

Went to Moreton Island for a day trip today, one of the largest sand islands near Brisbane.  Part of the trip was sand tobogganing!  It was a lot of fun, you have to be careful to do it correctly or you end up eating a lot of sand...I slid down three times and managed not to eat sand, I did end up with a fair amount in my shorts pocket!  Don't have pictures of my slide down as I was busy, but here I am with my "sand toboggan".



This is the hill we had to climb - the view from the bottom and from the top, I have to say I was very proud of myself for going up, and down again three times it was not an easy climb and doubly hard in sand (just for perspective those are buses at the bottom!




 We also got a chance to see some wild Kookaburras feeding, or waiting to feed I should say...


No comments:

Post a Comment